Programs are available for every major in locations all over the globe! Use the advanced search option to look for programs by major, housing, term, etc.
- The online application link is at the bottom of each respective program web page
- Affiliate program application instructions can be found here. Not sure of your program type? Check out our program types page. NOTE: Students should apply through UMD's study abroad application (regardless of program) prior to completing the affiliate program application.
When applying, enter the following information:
- Center Name: UMD Study Abroad
- Education Abroad Term: (Enter the appropriate term, e.g. Spring, Fall, May, Summer, etc.)
- Country: (Country Name)
- Program Name: (Enter the exact wording found on the program web page, e.g. "Faculty-led: Experiencing Italy through Art, Music, & Art History")
A $50 non-refundable application fee will be billed to your One Stop account upon submission of an online application.
After you apply
- You will receive an email confirmation with a link to your application checklist.
- Follow instructions for submitting your checklist items on time.
- Your UMD study abroad program coordinator will review your application and monitor the progress of your checklist.
- Your program coordinator (or faculty-led program leader) will confirm your acceptance.
- Once accepted, you must complete a confirmation checklist to confirm your participation.
- Once we receive your confirmation, your account will be billed a confirmation deposit.
If you decide to cancel, you must log in to the application system and submit a “Cancel Request.”
What do I need to include with my application?
All required items will be listed on your application checklist and can be uploaded to your online application. You may also hand in a hard copy to our office and we’ll scan and upload it for you.
Typically, a personal statement and any non-UMN transcripts will be required. Check with your specific program if you need an “official” transcript.
Can I complete more than one application?
Yes! You can apply to multiple programs for the same term, different programs for different terms, and you may also indicate priority. Note that you’ll be charged a non-refundable $50 application fee for each application, as well as any additional fees that may be associated with applying directly to an affiliate organization.